Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to Designing Communication - a blog for corporate communicators

Welcome to my blog. I’m Jaya Koilpillai Bohlmann, a corporate communicator and public relations professional. I’ve been in the business world for more than 20 years (despite my youthful looks!), guiding companies to hopefully do the right things by engaging in the right mix of communication practices and interactions with the audiences that matter.

What I know at this point is: there’s a lot still to figure out. Media is changing, companies are not trusted, audiences demand instant responses, anyone in the world can emerge as an influencer of your business at anytime – predictions are useless. Vigilance and sharpness are key. Networks have to be expanded and alliances (even unlikely ones) have to be formed – unity seems to be where we’re strongest as communicators.

My goal for Designing Communication is to share with executives in all industries, consultancies, companies and nonprofits what I’ve learned, and what I continue to learn on my journey as a communication expert. I welcome you as part of my community and hope to become part of yours.

No comments: